Inquiring Minds Want To Know
EdGE studies how scientific inquiry naturally occurs, how it can be supported, and how it can be measured in digital games.
Specific research questions include:
• How do we support and measure science learning in free-choice games?
• How can valid assessments be built into free-choice games?
• How can free-choice games support integrated STEM and even STEAM learning?
• How can we leverage gamers’ behaviors and identity to support learning?
• How do we use the emerging social gaming culture to bridge informal and formal education?